Pages

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Oops

Paint Holding Water - Hunts' Building, Astoria, Oregon We've had some very heavy rains the past few days, and on one of my walks after the sky cleared up, I found this unusual sight. Although I've never seen the like of it before (certainly not on this scale), it illustrates one of the hazards of painting in a rainy climate. It looks like the new coat of paint dried just enough to hold water. I didn't measure, but I'd estimate that sac is just about 5 inches across.

7 comments:

VP said...

Funny catch! My first instinct would be to poke it with a stick...

cieldequimper said...

This is really funny!!

Lowell said...

I've never seen anything like it, either...it's hard to believe, but there it is!

Fantastic shot. Good eye. Yikes. And I had the same "instinct" as did VP!

We're bad!

Small City Scenes said...

Good eye, sheryl. Looking up as usual, I suppose. It really is funny too. Not so much funny haha but funny peculiar. MB

B SQUARED said...

I think the same painters did my house.

Kcalpesh said...

May be it should be collected in a bucket.... :-D I love the title.. perfectly suitable for the picture! I'm still amazed at the size of this DROP rolling down!!

- Pixellicious Photos

Lee Spangler said...

What really sucks is that this is just the beginning. Soon there will be more bubbles and cracking that's what happens when you paint over moist material or in cool moist weather. A better question will be... Was the painter licensed and bonded? It is truly an excellent picture. You see as usual the small details and make a big observation about them.

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails