Pages

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Bridge, river, gulls, ship

Astoria scene with bridge, river, gulls, and ship I took this photo a year ago September, but it might as well have been taken today. This is our weather. The horizon line blurrs, the hills in Washington cannot be seen, the sky is nothing but gray clouds, and seagulls roost in the rain or drizzle. Ships such as this one, Ocean Lotus, make their way up and down the river, passing beneath one of the most scenic bridges in the world, and some call it a romantic scene. I do. Do you?

It looks like we have a cruise ship in today. The Riverfront Trolley is running, and it's full of tourists taking one of the changeable moods of Astoria, Oregon.

9 comments:

Don and Krise said...

Most definitely it's a romantic scene, and one that's repeated over and over where you are. I really like these gray drizzly days sometimes.

cieldequimper said...

Perfect composition. I'm not too sure about the "romantic" bit though all those gulls seem to adore the place!

Christina Klas said...

love it! This bridge never gets old... I have several photos of it myself!

Tillicum WA daily photo

VP said...

This is a great photo! I'll never admit this romantic thing, but I like it more than many other sugary subjects.
By the way I've already shot a pair of British tugboats, of the kind that pull two or three huge barges.

Lowell said...

Great photo...this is one of those days I like to stay inside and drink coffee and read. Unless, of course, there's an opportunity to take a picture like this...

Lee Spangler said...

The grey weather becomes second nature to the locals and besides it has a beauty and mystery all on its own.

Kcalpesh said...

I'd call it a romantic scene too! It's absolutely beautiful! Beautiful writing by you to explain the scene so perfectly!

- Pixellicious Photos

Day4plus said...

We got RAIN too. I mean good old PNW rain. buckets and everything is wet and gray. Been here all my life couldn't live without it. MB

Floral Friday said...

Very nice! I love that bridge. It's sheer size just makes me feel like a ant.

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails