Pages

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, October 9, 2009

Corner cupola on 17th and Jerome

Victorian House with Corner Cupola, Astoria, OregonIt looks like I could do "Corner Cupola Week" without much effort. I've been wanting to post photos of this house since I took them last May, and after yesterday's cupola, it may be the right time. I actually don't know what you'd call this style, but it has wonderful details. Some seem quite unique; I don't think I've ever seen a diamond made of shingles like the one between the two windows.

Victorian House with Corner Cupola, Astoria, Oregon Here's another view of the house on the hill. It's empty now. I expect it will be fixed up and sold. One thing's for sure. There are a lot of unique architectural details in this town, and it would be fun to take pictures of all of them.

5 comments:

Don and Krise said...

Neat old house. Just the type of project I'd love to take on. I'd love to see more.

Undercover Mother said...

About two years ago, I saw a really old man puttering around out there. What's also great about that house is the carriage house there. It's in better shape. That place has it all. An amazing grassy front yard, views for days, and the architecture. I would love this house, but know I could never afford it. Fortunately, unlike the Flavel place on 15th, SOME attempt was made to nurse it along, and it can be saved. It will be one of the "great ladies" in town once it is fixed up.

Lowell said...

Astoria is a city of many happy surprises! So many neat old buildings. Like you say, this one obviously needs some work, but it has retained a certain grandeur!

Have a wonderful weekend, Sheryl!

VP said...

Just forgive my ignorance, but usually inside these corner cupolas there are small separate rooms or they are part of larger one?

cieldequimper said...

Ah I see an oeil de boeuf or bull's eye! The round window! It's a lovely house, it'll look fantastic when it's repaired.

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails