Pages

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, October 2, 2009

Clouds over the Columbia

Clouds over the Columbia River, Astoria, Oregon I've shown this view a few times, and it changes with every nuance of lighting. A moment before I took this picture, there was light reflected off of the sides of some of the buildings. I liked those shots, but the clouds over the Columbia River became more dramatic after they hid the sun. The clouds have been very active lately, including dropping a lot of rain. Happy Skywatch Friday from Astoria, Oregon, everyone.

9 comments:

VP said...

We never got interesting clouds. Often we don't get clouds at all! Beautiful sky, lovely light.
I hope you'll like my Saturday post...

Martha Z said...

Nice shot, low light makes interesting photos but can be challenging.

charlotte said...

Very interesting! I really like how the dock is in shadows and the sun is leaking out from behind the storm clouds. I've always wanted to visit Oregon....maybe one day I'll make it!

Small City Scenes said...

Don't you just love clouds! While yesterday was all gray and drizzly today it has been raining on and off. And we have had some huge puffy clouds with black bellies. They are so cool and ominious all at the same time.
Great shot, Sheryl. MB

Lowell said...

Very fine skywatch shot, Sheryl! I like the way the dock area is silhouetted against that dramatic sky!

Don and Krise said...

Nice silhouette Sheryl. Happy Friday to you too.

Lee Spangler said...

When ever I see such a shot, I say, can you live in a more beautiful place?

Kcalpesh said...

Beautifully shot! A very nice silhoutte!! :-)

- Pixellicious Photos

Buenos Aires Photoblog said...

Perfectly composed contribution to SWF! Sky, clouds, and the seaside work nicely together as the light and dark areas of your picture do.

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails