Pages

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A ruby-colored fishing boat

On April 19th, I took this picture of the Capt. Raleigh, a commercial fishing boat docked along Astoria's waterfront. I was struck by the contrast of the red and the clean white paint set off beautifully with black trim and masts. This is a small harbor somewhere along the River Walk, and it was empty except for this one boat. The two large mooring basins are at the east and west ends of town (oddly enough, called East Mooring Basin and West Mooring Basin). Sometimes I'm compelled to try to create good shot just because the material doesn't suggest an obvious result, but this view was a picture begging to be taken. What can I say? I thought it would be perfect for Ruby Tuesday. The spot of red on the right-hand dock made a lucky counterpoint.

Have you ever been on a fishing boat?

5 comments:

cieldequimper said...

Oh yes, lots and lots! This is a nice one, I like "old" looking fishing boats!

Lowell said...

This is a super composition of color and light. Are the other boats out on the water?

Regina said...

You captured it very well. Nice red boat.

Small City Scenes said...

great shot for Ruby Tuesday. Yes I have been on a fishing boat. My best friend as a kid---her family were fisahermen based out of Ballard's Fisherman's Wharf. MB

Buenos Aires Photoblog said...

Nice picture! Yes, I've been on a fishing boat, twice. I loved it.

Buenos Aires Photo

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails