Pages

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The emerald road

This lovely forest road is actually right in town. It winds its way to the top of Coxcomb hill, and makes a nice walk - not too long, but very beautiful and relaxing. I took the photo on May 4, 2005, before some of the trees blew down in the great storm of December 2, 2007. It's still very green, but a little thinner on the right side, especially as you climb the hill. One of the first things I noticed about Oregon when I moved here in 2001 after living in Southern California and Western Colorado was how green it is! I loved it, and I still do. In the spring you can see more colors of green than I've ever seen anywhere. I've never been to Ireland or much of the UK, so I can't compare, but northwestern Oregon is a veritable artist's palette of greens.

1 comment:

Bubblewench said...

That is the exact thing I love about Oregon, it's so green. No where else I have been (not much really) has been.

My father says it reminds him of Ireland.

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails