Pages

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, December 6, 2009

No Smoking

No Smoking Sign on Waterfront Park Pier As Jacob once said, the wooden piers and walkways are probably a good place not to be smoking. The City thinks so, too. New signs have cropped up recently asking people not to do just that. So I was sauntering along with my camera, and thought this would be a good day to take a photo.

By the time I'd walked the short distance from the entrance of Waterfront Park (the pier at the end of 14th Street) to the end of the pier, I noticed a guy on a cell phone having an animated chat with someone and enjoying the last puffs on his cig. He tossed the butt into the water just as I noticed what was happening and was getting my camera into position. So I missed the shot.

6 comments:

Lowell said...

One of the bad things about cigarette smokers is they don't seem to care about what they do with the butts. When I was in the Navy, to throw a butt on the ground was a serious offense...we were taught to field strip them and spread the tobacco...'course that we even before filter cigarettes!

Thank you for kind words about Owen Patrick...he seems to be a well-turned out kid!

Don and Krise said...

It's been a little over ten years ago that I quit smoking, but even when I did I couldn't stand it when other smokers would just throw their butts wherever they felt like. I hope the signs work.

Lee Spangler said...

Many of the people who smoke there already are socially handicapped and will smoke anyway. Don't know what to do-threaten to throw em in the river or cut off their hand?

Unseen Rajasthan said...

This is a nice shot !!I agree with Lee on this !!Unseen Rajasthan

VP said...

Interesting post and even more interesting comments. I see no solution in sight, smoker are addict and even the more considerate and educated are almost careless if in need of a puff...

kyungmee said...

you don't see this often..at least not in this way..interesting.

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails