Pages

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Bags made of sails

These tote bags are made of genuine recycled boat sails. As you can see beyond the shop's entrance here on Pier 39, the work is done right on the spot at Four Winds Canvas Works, a marine resale store and canvas shop. They also take marine items for sale on consignment. Recycle, reuse. And authentic.

What is it about bags? I don't know if they do anything for men, but every woman I know goes nuts over bags. I have plenty, and I can always use more. It's well beyond utilitarian. I think it has some deep connection with potential. Anyone got a clue? How do you guys feel about bags? I mean tote bags, camera bags, equipment bags, backpacks, low tech, high tech, anything with space inside, bulky or disappearing tuck-away; fold-up, fold fourteen ways, fold-inside, fold outside, no-fold because it can't . . . turn-into-something-else (anything else) and if there are carbiners, trick loop-around straps, organizer pockets and zipper/velcro thingies . . . look out. I'm actually curious now that I've started thinking about it. Any thoughts?

10 comments:

B SQUARED said...

Sorry! I can't relate to bags.

Unseen Rajasthan said...

I must say this is Best out of Waste.

TheFrogBag said...

I have no idea why, but I love tote bags. I have way too many, but I can't seem to part with any. And if there is some sort of special where one is being given away I'm much more likely to try to get it than if they were giving away some other enticement. Really good question now that you mention it. Some sort of throw back to our hunter/gatherer roots?

Anonymous said...

I can never pass up a tote bage. I have all sizes and shapes and yet I am drawn to them everywhere I go!

Lowell said...

I think I'd like one of these...to haul camera stuff around. I've got several bags...camera bags and bags under my eyes.

Lee Spangler said...

If I can wear it on my back the bag is okay but I need my hands and arms free . Really a wonderfully written post and unique subject matter. good job tapirgal!

Don and Krise said...

Sheryl, I'll bet you're an organizer by nature. It's just the way some of our brains work. You can't fight it. We can't just have "stuff", we have to keep our stuff together in some way.

VP said...

My small backpack is always with me with inside my stuff and the camera (without a bag), it has a sleeve for my laptop, just in case. I usually carry it on my right shoulder.

cieldequimper said...

Oh these are soooo coool! That's a great idea too. Can't live without bags especially as I hate plastic bags.

Francisca said...

My main squeeze was into bags long before that was fashionable for men. He loves to look at bags - all the ones you list, tapirgal - while I, if I must (and I'd rather not), tote one bag that works with just about every conceivable outfit... plain black, yes!

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails