Pages

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, July 13, 2009

Mary Todd's Workers Bar & Grill

Mary Todd's Workers Bar and Grill, Astoria, Oregon Mary Todd's Workers Bar & Grill is located in the small, historic, and pleasantly funky western part of Astoria known as Uniontown. I'm sure the building holds tons of history, none of which I was able to find in my reference book or online. I'll put it on my growing list of places to look up on my next visit to the Heritage Museum. I did find a blog showing and telling of a visit inside, not only for atmosphere and drinks, but also reportedly for great food. I'll have to check the place out myself sometime. I also found a very cool painting online by Mary Tanguay, an artist who lives and works in Uniontown.

In a comment to this post, "Auntie" wrote: "I love The Workers and Mary Todd is an excellent bartender. The funny thing about this place is it's like a vortex of fun. You never know who you are going to run into there, there is a great mix of locals and some visitors too, they have great tunes, prime rib as big as your head for CHEAP and it's just plain fun. On really special nights, Mary will dance on a table for you."

Check out Ruby Tuesday for more photos featuring red.

8 comments:

Don and Krise said...

Time for some investigative reporting. You know what you have to do. Walk on in there and eat and drink. Then report back to us. I know it's a rough job isn't it?

Gerardo said...

I´ve benn in Astoria last year. Lovely city

Lowell said...

Ah, phooey...I was so hoping Mary Todd would be your sister or another kind of relation...

I like pleasantly funky places...

Let us know how the food goes down!

TheFrogBag said...

Wow, a real bar for the proletariat! As a member of the working class I heartily approve of this Bar and Grill! Awesome photo too!

Small City Scenes said...

Great shot. A workers bar--YES!! I wonder if Mary Todd is related to President Lincoln's wife. MB

Auntie said...

I love The Workers and Mary Todd is an excellent bartender. The funny thing about this place is it's like a vortex of fun. You never know who you are going to run into there, there is a great mix of locals and some visitors too, they have great tunes, prime rib as big as your head for CHEAP and it's just plain fun.

On really special nights, Mary will dance on a table for you.

Anonymous said...

How about haunted? Maybe a great place for Ghost Hunter to come and hang out!!

Oregon American said...

The food is very good. On Sundays they might have Meat Bingo. I really like the potato salad, but all of it is good. It is an authentic dive bar, with authentic people. Old Astoria. Mary Todd and her crew are great people and you will not be disappointed. Bring cash or use the ATM there.

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails