Pages

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, June 1, 2009

Flying feet

If I were younger and braver, I think I'd like to feel like this. I did some stunts on a bike that amaze me now to think of them. Still, I don't know if I'd have had the courage. It's amazing to see how easily tennis-shoed kids cling to the boards with their feet, understanding exactly what gravity is going to do with them. In Tapiola Park on the south slope of Astoria, there's a wonderful skateboard arena made from an old public swimming pool. The whole pit has been reshaped for a smooth ride that goes down and around several interestingly-shaped walls before the kids pop out at a number of spots along the side. Sometime I should post a picture of the whole arena. It's photogenic. There were three or four guys doing a terrific job of swooping around the place while I was there today, and one much younger who wanted to learn. Helmets are definitely required!

Today is Theme Day at City Daily Photo, and the theme is "Feet." I love the way the shoelace casts an exaggerated shadow.

Click here to view thumbnails for all participants

13 comments:

Jilly said...

Oh great idea for today's theme. Love the shadow.

Jane Hards Photography said...

Flying feet is a great energetic title for a lively theme day image.

cieldequimper said...

Good idea!

Lessie said...

Flying feet is the truth. Scares me just to watch. ;)

Small City Scenes said...

Cool shot for the theme. I am always astounded with some of the moves these skate boarders come up with. MB

Anonymous said...

I'm sure I would break my leg if I tried this!

Shannon said...

I like your picture! Thinking back on some of the things I did when I was younger, I too wonder where I got the nerve to do them!

Ken Mac said...

which way is up? Or down? can't tell!

gogouci said...

I work across the street from a skate park. I am truly amazed at what the kids can do that I couldn't without breaking something. Nice pic.

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

awesome for today. you are the only one with skateboarding feet today!

Hilda said...

Fun! All I ever did with my skateboard when I was a kid was roll down long pavements — no fancy stuff. I was too chicken! ;)

Lee Spangler said...

skateboarding didn't exist when I was a boy and it was hard enough for me to overcome fear to take up skiing. Great shadow shot Sheryl, you are so talented!

raf said...

Wonderful action shot, Tapirgirl! Great angle for the photo and today's theme. The shadow really makes it pop.

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails