Pages

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A festive sight on any day

Riverfront Trolley, Astoria, Oregon The Riverfront Trolley runs along the River Walk almost from one end of town to the other all summer long and on nice days during spring and fall. The conductors are all volunteers who point out sights and describe Astoria's rather amazing history. You can ride as long as you want. The tickets are $1.00 for a single ride of any length, or pay $2.00 and get on and off all day long. Trolley Car 300 has quite a history, which you can read about on this site. My friend "Dangerous Dave" is one of the conductors. He points out our store as he rides the rails with his passengers, and tells them they *HAVE TO* come check out our unique collection of realistic stuffed and plastic animals. Many of them do, too! They're usually surprised to find such a place in this small town, and especially surprised to find out that we're actually a nonprofit for the conservation of tapirs! (Thanks, Dave!) Well, Astoria, Oregon, can be a surprising place. We'll just keep on bloggin' and keep on having fun :)

. Happy Ruby Tuesday!

8 comments:

Small City Scenes said...

I saw the trolley when I was in Astoria but didn't ride it. I guess I should have. I will be sure and shop at your store the next time I am down. MB

Suburban Girl said...

I love that Trolley! How fun to have them.

Unseen India Tours said...

I really wish to have a ride on this trolley !! may be someday i will surely !! As of now i can enjoy it thru your blog..Great capture..Amazing ..

cieldequimper said...

It looks so wonderfully old fashioned -OK it is old. Which makes it all the better!

srp said...

I love this old trolley car... but a driver named Dangerous Dave????? Hmmm. Would have to think about that for a while.

floreta said...

this is cute! i love trolleys. i did the san francisco one last weekend :)

Don and Krise said...

Next time my wife and I head for the southern Washington coast, maybe we'll take a trip across the bridge and check it out. Great post.

Karen ~Georgia Angel said...

Great trolley photo. Thanks for sharing.

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails